Boozhoo Nanaboozhoo Ojibwe Word of the Day is April: Iskigamizige-giizis - "Boils things down moon"
Boozhoo Nanaboozhoo with Michael Lyons
Today on Boozhoo Nanaboozhoo we learn the story of how maple syrup was discovered and harvested. As Nanaboozhoo tells the story we learn lots of Ojibwe words to do with April and maple syrup. Here is what we learned.
- Iskigamizige-giizis - "Boils things down moon" (April)
- Aninaatig - "maple tree"
- zhiiwaagamizigan - "syrup"
- gwekiwebinigan - "pancake"
- ziinzibaakwad - "maple sugar"
- ziinzibaakwad waaboo - "maple sap"